Frequently Asked Questions
Mount Palomar Winery
1. Do you offer any discounted packages?
Yes we do offer discounted wedding packages on weekdays Monday – Thursday for a minimum of 50 guests and also discounts in the months of December – February.
2. How many guests can the venue accommodate?
In our outdoor venues we can service up to 500 guests. In our Barrel Room comfortable maximum is 130 guests with room for dancing.
3. Is there a Venue rental fee?
Our venue fees are all included in our per person package pricing. There is not an additional fee unless you would like to add hours to your 5 hour wedding package.
4. Do you require a deposit to hold a wedding date?
f you would like to add a soft hold to any date you may be deciding on, we are will to place a complimentary hold for up to 7 days. To secure a wedding date we do require a non-refundable deposit of $2,000 which is applied to your wedding invoice.
5. What is the payment plan?
You may choose to make monthly payments or 4 equal installment payments starting no later than 7 months prior to your wedding date with final balance due and payable 10 days prior to your wedding date.
6. What forms of payments are accepted?
Cash, Check or Credit cards
7. Can I have my ceremony only or reception only on site?
Ceremony only may be hosted at our venue only on Monday – Thursday. Reception only may be hosted on site.
8. Do you offer any changing rooms?
We do have two suites available with access starting at 11:00AM the day of the wedding until after your reception has completed.
9. Can we have our rehearsal dinner on-site?
We do have options for you to host your rehearsal Dinner or Luncheon at our Annata Bistro, indoor or outdoor.
10. How much time is allocated for the ceremony rehearsal?
We plan for 1 hour time frame to run through your rehearsal. It will only take about 30 minutes if your party is all here and ready to go.
11. What is your cancellation policy?
Your initial $2,000 deposit is non-refundable. If you should need to make a change to your wedding date to another there is a $500 date change fee. To cancel your wedding without any other fees or charges must be completed at least 8 months prior to your scheduled date.
12. What is your weather contingency plan?
We host one wedding a day on our site so we do keep our indoor barrel room available as back up for your reception. For an outdoor ceremony we do have a completely covered patio that would be reserved and set up.
13. Do you allow outside catering?
We do not. Our catering services are included in our wedding packages.
14. Do you provide a food tasting to finalize our menu choices?
Yes, your tasting for both wine and food is complimentary to the couple. Dietary restrictions may be accommodated.
15. Are tables, linens, chairs and glassware provided?
Yes, it is all included in our wedding packages.
16. Can I bring in an outside vendor for our cake or desserts?
Yes we do not provide any dessert options. We do include cake, cutting, plating and serving without an additional fee.
17. Can we bring in our own alcoholic beverages?
Absolutely not. We have a full alcohol license and bringing in any outside beverages will void that license with the State of California. Any outside alcoholic beverages will be confiscated by MPW staff and returned back to you after the completion of the event.
18. Are we allowed to bring in your own decorations?
Yes you may. We do not provide any decorations to our site. We do have some items available for your use such as easels, table numbers and some signage.
19. Can we use sparklers, confetti, candles, food trucks, rice, bubbles, animals, lawn games?
We are pet friendly in our outdoor areas. You may also place your lawn games in non- traffic areas. Confetti, sparklers, rice and food trucks are banned on-site.
20. Do you provide heaters or umbrellas for the event?
We do provide umbrellas complimentary if needed for more shade. Heaters may be provided upon request at $50 each.
21. Do you include any on-site coordination?
Yes an on-site coordinator is provided for you along your planning stages and the day of running your whole event seamlessly.
22. What security services do you offer?
We do provide a parking attendant that will assist, direct and secure the parking area throughout the whole event.
23. Does the venue assist with gifts and decorations to a designated vehicle?
Our staff will only assist, if chaperoned by a designated person chosen by the couple, in moving any personal items and gifts to one of the dressing suites.
24. Do you supply a sound system or microphone?
We do not. This is something that would need to be provided by your DJ or Band. We do have plenty of outlets for their use.
25. Are there any noise restrictions?
We do have an outdoor noise ordinance end time of 10:00PM.
26. Do you provide any shuttle services?
No shuttle service is supplied by the winery or any of the local hotels. There are many private services or Uber and Lyft in the area.
27. Do you provide any overnight accommodations?
We do not have any accommodations on-site. There are several high end hotels in the wine country area or many chain hotels within 5 miles of the venue.
Services & Facilities
The Mount Palomar Winery Outdoor Reception Venue is full of classic old world charm, complete with romantic market lighting and surrounded by lush vegetation all year long. Our indoor Barrel Room Reception Venue with an elegantly draped ceiling, grand chandeliers, and twinkle lights create an unforgettable ambiance that your guests will enjoy all night long!